Single Class! No Experience Necessary!
This class is designed for anyone who wants to try hand building for the first time, and for those who want to explore new techniques.
We will mainly be focusing on slab building, and experimenting with different decorative techniques such as making patterned slabs out of different coloured clay, or expressive underglaze painting.
This course is for adults only.
Looking for a class for/ with your little one? Send me an email at Commongoods.firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Beginning Wheel-Throwing Class
Classes are limited to 3-4 students to allow for plenty of one-on-one instruction.
The private class will take place at 375 Middlefield, Scarborough, Ontario. by appointment only.
What happens during the class?
Class time is approximately 2-3 hrs.
I will guide you through the basic techniques necessary to create your own handmade bowl, cup, plate and/or vase.
I will do a quick demo (10-15 minutes) and talk you through all the important steps of building a simple pot. You and your partner will get the rest of the class to create your own pots with a lot of hands-on guidance.
Students can expect to produce a few pieces varying in functionalities and forms that they will be proud of.
What's included in the fee?
The fee covers instructions, use of equipment and materials.
At the end of the class. You will be able to select 2 of your favourite pieces. I will take care of the trimming, glazing and firings. Your finished pieces will be ready for pickup approximately 3-6 weeks after the class.
If you wish to keep any extra pieces that you’re proud of, there will be a $10/pc firing fee.
Please note that though I will your final pieces are not guaranteed to turn out perfectly. Glaze flaws, warpage, and surface cracks are common even for experienced potters.
Please come to your appointment ready to make
- Have short fingernails
- Do not wear a ring, bracelet or watch
- Wear clothes and shoes suitable for a workshop. It is recommended to bring an apron.
- Tie up long hairs
- Do not show up if you have symptoms related to Covid-19: cough, fever, difficulty breathing, or sudden loss of smell in the 14 days leading up to your class.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise which may require you to cancel or reschedule your pottery class.
- Cancellations made 7 days or more prior to the scheduled start time of the pottery class will receive a 80% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 7 days but more than 4 days prior to the scheduled start time of the pottery class will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 4 days prior to the scheduled start time of the pottery class or failure to show up for the class will result in no refund.
- Rescheduling requests made 7 days or more prior to the scheduled start time of the pottery class will be accommodated with no additional charge.
- Rescheduling requests made less than 7 days but more than 4 days prior to the scheduled start time of the pottery class will be accommodated with a 10% rescheduling fee.
- Rescheduling requests made less than 4 days prior to the scheduled start time of the pottery class will not be accommodated and will be treated as a cancellation.
- You may transfer your class to another person at any time before the scheduled start time of the class.
- To transfer your class, please contact our studio email with the name and contact information of the person who will be attending the class.
All cancellations and rescheduling requests must be made by contacting our studio via email. In case we need to cancel a class due to unforeseen circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible and provide a full refund if cancellation is required, or with options for rescheduling.
We appreciate your understanding of our cancellation and rescheduling policy and look forward to hosting you in our pottery class.